5 Things to Know About Community Ministry
1. Mission: Community Ministry informs, engages, and supports Hope Church members, encouraging Christian action: to unleash the gifts that Hope Church can give and the relationships that can be formed to make our community a more loving, caring, and nurturing place.
2. Members: Lois Maassen (chair), Doug Abell, Joe Arevalo (Caring for Creation lead), Dave De Block, Judy Bultman, David Myers, Vicki Rumpsa, Anne Saliers, Pastor Gordon Wiersma
3. Ministry Supports: Community Ministry supports social, economic, and environmental justice work undertaken by Hope Church members through support of and partnership with a number of local organizations to meet needs for food, health, housing, education, and a sustaining environment. Kids Hope, the Caring for Creation task force, and Washington School Neighbors also find connection through Community Ministry.
4. Ways to Engage: Attend the Ministry Fair on May 21 to learn more about Community Ministry. Volunteer with other Hope Church members for a day, a week, a year to any number of agencies supported by Community Ministry, such as Kids Hope, Habitat for Humanity, Camp Sunshine move-in-out, High Hopes mission trip, Community Action House and more. And don’t forget the annual Think Hope event, resuming in 2018!
5. Upcoming Events:
- Throughout May: Lakeshore Habitat for Humanity Women Build
- May 20: Appliance & Electronics Recycling Event at BPW
- May 21: Hope Church Ministry Fair during Pizza Sunday
~Anne Saliers, Community Ministry member