Opportunities to Give during Advent, Christmas, and Epiphany
- ADVENT DEVOTIONALS There will be devotional booklets available for adults and families in the Gathering Area.
- ALTERNATE GIFT MARKET Tired of searching for the “perfect present”? Sponsor a goat, cow, llama or other animals that can provide food and income for hungry families through Heifer International. Visit the Gathering Area, where information will be available Dec. 2, 9, and 16.
- TREE OF LIGHT Become more involved in the lives of the community by selecting a tag off the tree in the Gathering Area beginning Dec. 2, which will indicate a specific request. Purchase, wrap and return the gift to Hope Church by December 16. A decorated Tree of Light star will be added to the gift.
- CHRISTMAS OFFERING The Deacons have designated the Christmas Offering to support the work of the Red Crescent (International Red Cross/Red Crescent) to assist in the humanitarian crisis of Syrian refugees in the wake of the Syrian civil war. Even as we respond to local and national needs, the scope of need in the border regions of Syria, such as Turkey, is great. As a community of faith that celebrates Christ as the Prince of Peace, it can be meaningful for us to also reach beyond our national and religious boundaries in supporting the work of the Red Crescent as an agency bringing hope and peace in faithful ways. Go to the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies website read the articles on Turkey for more information. Your generous gifts will be sent to support this work of mercy.
- WHITE GIFT OFFERING On Epiphany Sunday bring a personal care product for a child or woman, wrapped in white tissue paper. We will bring our gifts forward during the offering. Our white gifts will be given to the Center for Women in Transition, a local agency assisting women and families caught in abusive relationships and empowering a hopeful future for them.